Here are some detailed instructions on how to learn the “Dash” signal as covered on Page 13 of the weemote® X Setup Guide
- Press and hold down the “B” button until the light turns on solid green, then release the “B” button.
- Press and release the small number “1” button in the program area at the bottom of the weemote®. The light should blink once.
- Press and release the large number “1” favorite button on the main part of the weemote®. The light should blink and then stay on orange.
- Point the 2 remotes towards each other with about a 2″ spacing. Also make sure the lens of each remote are in a line of sight to each other. Some remotes when placed on a surface have the lens slightly pointing up so you may need to lift the back portion of the existing remote to compensate.
- Press and release the “Dash” button on your existing remote. The weemote® LED light should blink twice orange and then go back on solid orange.
- . Press and release the “Dash” button on your existing remote for the second time. The weemote® LED light should blink three times orange and then go back on solid green to verify that learning is complete.
- Press and release the “B” button to exit programming mode. The weemote® LED light should blink three times green and then go completely out to confirm you have exited the program mode.
Note: If in Steps 6 and 7 the LED light happens to go RED, then this indicates there was an error learning. You will need to repeat pressing the button on the existing remote to resume learning. If this does work, exit program mode (Step 7) and repeat the steps but this time check the lighting, spacing and alignment between the remotes. You may need to try different spacing like 1″ apart instead or 2″ for example.