A link to the weemote® X reference manual for additional features. Please note that if downloading this manual, it is assumed you have already read the Setup guide which is the companion manual intended to be used first.
The Set-Up Guide for our weemote® X. It is designed to replace the previous 2 manuals shipped with our product called the QuickStart Guide and Reference Guide.
If you have an R10 version weemote® X, this Set-Up Guide can also be used with the folllowing differences.
When programming favorite channels 6-10 as described on Page 11, a version R10 weemote® X will not automatically change the channel up/dn control to scanning favorites only. You will need to do this manually as described on Page 16 of the guide. There is also a difference in behavior when setting this option in an R10 unit versus the R11 version. When setting the channel up/dn control to scan through favorite channels, the R10 model surfs through favorite channels 6-10 while the R11 version will surf through all favorite channels 1-10.
We recommend all users use this Set-Up Guide versus using the QuickStart or Reference Guides.
Common questions and answers
Q. What is the difference between the weemote® Streaming Remote (dV) and weemote TV Remote?
A. The weemote® Streaming remote is used to control devices with navigational menus like DVD, DVR and Streaming Players. The weemote® TV Remote is designed to control devices using conventional tuners to change channels.
Q. How can I tell if your remotes are compatible with my equipment?
A. Both our weemote Streaming (DV) model and weemote TV models operate using Infrared Signaling (IR). While most devices especially older ones support IR there are also other methods that remotes can use to communicate such as Radio Frequency (RF), Bluetooth and WiFi. Your device must support IR signaling in order to work with our remotes. Some devices use multiple methods and can usually be checked by entering the menu settings of the device.
Q. What is meant by claiming your remotes are fully learning?
A. Learning is a process where you can take an existing IR remote that operates your device and use that to selectively transfer button controls from that remote to any button on our remote. Both our weemote Streaming DV and weemote TV remotes feature the ability to learn any signal on any button.
- weemote® Streaming “dV” User Manual
- weemote R 7.X Product Manuals (Legacy)
- weemote® X Reference Manual
- weemote® X R11 and later Set-Up Guide
- weemote® X Complete Device Code List (PDF)
- Addendum for R13 and later models
- Locating the product code of your weemote TV Remote
- Entering Favorite Channels 1-5 (R10 and later)
- Learning the “Dash” Signal R10 and later
- How to learn a signal on one of the Favorite Buttons
- weemote X – Channel Changing Options – Manual Correction
- weemote X – Channel Up/Down Option, Version R10
- weemote® X Correction to Learning on the MUTE button
- weemote X R13 Power Button Learning